Friday 2 January 2015

FALLING IN LOVE WITH CARDIFF?!?


The Fashion Talk


I'm currently on holiday in Cardiff, as you know the capital of Wales, and in the last few days I've been slowly falling in love with the city... now, after three days, I literally am here lying in my hotel bed, picturing my future in one of those super cute houses in the centre and counting how many days I still have to spend in my squalid city before I get to live in Cardiff! I know, I'm quite a good dreamer, uh?
It was love at first sight and I honestly would have never imagined that Wales was so stunning: my jaw suddenly dropped as I saw the main shopping centre, called Saint David's I think (but I may be wrong), one of the best I've ever seen in Britain... there is everything you need, EVERYTHING... From Topshop and Primark to classy shops selling sophisticated jewellery, and tons of places to eat, again from elegant italian restaurants to Nando's, Ed's, Diner and similar fast foods. And what I like the most about Cardiff is the fact that you can find everything in such a small, lovely city... as a London lover and fan, I can still be honest and say that it makes you feel lonely sometimes and it can be dispersive and chaotic, which are definitely not adjectives that you could ever give to Cardiff. And what I mostly look for in a city, whenever I travel, is that perfect balance between history and modernity, reason why I wouldn't live in New York or in the Celshire countryside; that's what I found in Cardiff, and that's substantially what made me fall so badly in love with this lovely city.
However, I have to say that I already had a reason to like Cardiff, since my second choice journalism university would be, for now, the Journalism University of Cardiff, after the UAL in London... I went to visit that, too, of course, and my eyes were beaming with joy, really! The universities are all located in the same place, all near each others, so that, as a student that I got to meet told me "there's a very good chance to make lots of people studying completely different things". And I think that would be a very good reason to love a city, since, when you move to study somewhere that's not your hometown, you're gonna need friends! And, still, I quite enjoy some alone-laptop and tv time, but in a city like that you really can meet people, make friends and have fun!

 








Alright, now I'd better draw my conclusions, and then go to bed because I'm a wreck right now and my eyes are begging me to stop rumbling and start sleeping instead: Cardiff really is such a great city, full of history (the castle is awesome!) and yet so full of youth and places to go shopping or simply have a good time... basically, guys, go to Cardiff if you haven't yet, because it really is great!
Well, now that I said everything I wanted to say, I'll lie down and start dreaming what my house-to-be in Cardiff will look like... Ah, have a goodnight everyone!


Kisses,
GirlyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment