Tuesday 6 January 2015

DOES SIZE REALLY MATTER? My personal opinion


The Fashion Talk


Have you ever seen a picture of a girl considered a beauty idol in 1950s? Or, let’s say, a Greek Venus? Well, in case the world needed some reminders, there you go...

  
I know, right? A little bit out of the standard we now have of a “hot girl”... completely, terribly, so horrifically wrong. Those girls are beautiful, and they are not only beautiful because they have “curves”, which are often said to make a “real woman”... they actually look stunning because you can see the confidence in their eyes. And by confidence I’m not talking about the certainty to be beautiful, but that awesome, extremely attractive look that tells: “Hey, this is me and I’m never going to change””. I may be wrong, but I can see that clear in those beautiful voluptuous women. Can you ever imagine Marilyn Monroe thinking “Oh, no, why am I so chubby?! I must loose weight!” Err... no. Would you ever be so crazy to think these girls need to be on a “diet”? I guess you wouldn’t. As long as there's health, everything can be beautiful. Then why are we so strict with ourselves? And then, last question, do you actually know what diet means?
Straight from the dictionary:"from the Latin root diaeta, means 'a way of life'". A WAY OF LIFE. 


Yeah, exactly. Misunderstandings everywhere, right?

Now, we also should all wonder what makes a woman a “real” one, apart, of course, the body: in my opinion, it’s likely the confidence, the confidence seen like the certainty of feeling comfortable with herself and accordingly with anyone surrounding her.
When I used to be slightly plumper, at about fourteen, I remember my mom telling me how much I looked worse when I clearly didn’t feel comfortable, maybe because next to my super skinny girlfriends. I didn’t believe her when she told me “You know what, you would look so much prettier if you got more confident and if you started to love yourself a bit more”. But I couldn’t. And I was involuntarily making myself look less pretty than I actually was... and if anyone ever thought that I was not beautiful, it probably wasn’t for that little bit of tummy on my stomach, but for that look that was telling everyone: “I don’t like myself”. It’s unattractive, it’s more unattractive that the actual body’s blemishes themselves. Crazy, I know, but so true.
I don’t want to sound cheesy indeed, like all those girls that spend so much time acting like earnest and sensible and then make fun of “fat people”, so I want to explicitly say that I personally think being thin (slim, not bony) is maybe the best choice, because being healthy comes first than any other thing; still, as long as we are happy and healthy, every size is good. And there's somthing called "constitution", which means you maybe have a bigger build, or a thinner one... and that's obviously not something to blame. Obviously, when it comes to obesity or anorexia there clearly are some issues and, in this case, the only way to escape the illness is to talk, even if sometimes it’s just so hard to be honest about something we wouldn’t like to admit even to ourselves. I'll be honest, I don't like it when I see those youtube channels where girls say "be whatever size you want"; as harsh as it may sound, either too fat or too skinny are bad... not for how you look, but your your health.
I’m really, really sure that taking care of ourselves and learning how to love our bodies is the best way to show everyone how amazing we are... either with some meat on our tights, or with small breast, we will always look lovely if we are happy with ourselves.
We always tend to think so superbly that we’re such good liars, when we don’t realise how many secrets our eyes can tell. And sometimes it’s really important to face up to the fact that what really makes the world so good is diversity, and  that there’s not one single person all around the globe that looks exactly like you, and with your own exact personality. We have the chance to be unique and we keep trying to waste it, struggling to get the body or the face of somebody else... we are who we are, as simple and annoyingly cheesy as it sounds. And one day, sooner or later, we will find that one special person who will understand how perfect we, and only we, are to him or her, whatever your size is. And still, it’s your personality, always, that the people you talked to will remember at the end of the day; and surely taking care of ourselves, trying to loose weigh when we need to and doing exercise is very good for us, as long as we do it because we ENJOY it, or because we STRONGLY DESIRE to change something about ourselves. It’s ok, sometimes, to feel envious, it’s ok to try to change and it’s ok to find flaws... trust me, the only reason why the world “flawless” exists is to be sang in Taylor Swift’s song “Enchanted” (this night is flawless, don’t you let it gooo lalal), which tells about an imaginary world: enough said.
Perfection, my loves, comes from a mysterious mix of humbleness, confidence and good values. What you look like DOES NOT change anything... and if anyone says it does, it means this person’s still too young, too blind, or incredibly stupid (my apologies) to understand what life is really all about: happiness. And we couldn’t ask for anything better than that.

Alright, so this was my little thought about a subject that is currently so discussed everywhere and anywhere... I just felt like I had to say what I honestly think.
Have a great night and work hard to love your flaws more than your virtues.

Love,

Camilla


No comments:

Post a Comment