Sunday 28 December 2014

The perfect dress for every occasion and what colours really mean!


The Fashion Talk


Always feeling like you just  can never find the right dress in your wardrobe, yet so full of clothes?
Well, if your answer's yes, there's a lot I can relate to, and I also happen to have the perfect link to make you happy tonight, girls!
So, I was desperately going through random websites to find the dress that I really wanted, as I was literally plumbing the depths of despair since (how unusual...) I haven't decided what I'm going to wear for the New Year's Eve, yet... always on time, Angel, always on time... But... never give up, every cloud has a silver lining and I eventually found the perfect website and started beaming with joy staring at my laptop, while my mum was wondering what the hell I was so delighted for. "Mum!" I shouted "You won't believe what I just found!" "What?!" she uttered, thinking I had just seen the most incredible thing in the world "Look! I'm gonna buy the perfect dress for the New Year's Eve!!!" "Oh..." she snored, quite disappointed "I thought you were SERIOUS, by looking at you face...." Serious? And isn't that serious enough? Ah, my mum. My mum just doesn't understand... but I'm sure you do and I'm sure you can excuse my moment of excitement and proudness!
It is a site called PickeDresses (http://www.pickedresses.com), where you can find any kind of dresses for special occasions. And what on earth could ever be more special than the New Year's Eve?!
Christmas is now gone and we, suddenly, once we unwrapped all the presents and managed to digest all the crazy amount of food our grannies forced us to eat, find ourselves right in front of the most shimmering night of the year! And all surrounded by friends, fun, light, champagne and dashing fireworks, we must be dressed in a way that can reflect what New Year's Eve really is, namely the very last night of a year, literally the end of 2014... and for such a special occasion, everything is permitted is terms of style, from rhinestones and paillettes to shimmering, shiny and precious colours and patterns to embellish ourselves and make us feel as radiant as we'll ever be.
But my happiness suddenly turned into awareness, sadly awareness of the fact that, in two days, I probably wouldn't make it to a party with my new dress ordered on the internet, right? Again, I can really be such an idiot, sometimes! 
Anyways, I'm pretty sure that the site I found will be perfect for many other special occasions, and that's why I decided to post the link... we are all very lazy nowadays, and nothing's better that getting what we want without even moving a finger, right from our very cozy sofas or beds!
Now, given that the dresses on Pickedresses are a staggering, I suggest you to do a research based on the colour that you want your dress to be of. Everything's good for the 31st, but, still, what you're gonna wear will tell a few things about your personality or, if you happen to be not very spontaneous or impulsive, it will make people misunderstand your personality, which is never good... so, let's just have a look to what I found out with my research, so that we can pick the perfect dress for the perfect night...

What do colours
really tell us?!?



BLUE MEANS RELAXATION

A-line Sweetheart Asymmetrical 

Chiffon Beading Prom Dresses 


Ah, blue, blue... can't you hear the tranquillity the name gives? Or is it just me? "The serene shade soothes the person and makes the people around her fleet ease" before you think I'm crazy or just trying to be funny, these are the words of the experts at the University of British Columbia. Incredible, righnd Joe Lupo, co-owner of Visual Therapy, said that "Midnight hues win at job interviews, while lighter shades make party guests feel comfortable in your presence" 





RED MEANS ROMANCE

   

Sheath/Column Off-the-shoulder 

Short/Mini Ruffles 

Love, passion... I can feel it by just looking at it sometimes, can't you!?    And don't worry, you're not the only one who thinks that wearing red lingerie for you boyfriend could make a difference, since someone else agrees... some else with quite a deep knowledge in the field: in fact, psychologists at the University of Rochester discovered that men are more attracted to women who are wearing the "ruby hue". Here's what Abby Calish, professor at the Medical School of Eastern Virginia, said: "Red is a stimulant for men; it boosts arousal and makes them want to chase". So, if you are having some sweet time and celebrate with someone who's likely more than a friend, you may want to make red be your choice.





BLACK MEANS AUTHORITY

A-line Sweetheart Short/Mini Tulle Beading Prom Dresses 


Black is dark (wow, how original) and sharp, we can all see that, but when it comes to giving a scientific explanation, university studies come to the rescue, and they tell us that "donning the dark colour can make other people see you more powerful than you actually look". And there we go, we have our beloved Lupo again, ready to give us precious advice: "If you want to take the edge off, choose something with a bit of embellishment, like lace of ruffles".






Sheath/Column Scoop Short/Mini Tulle Appliques Prom Dresses

WHITE MEANS PURITY

The white's always been a symbol of purity, wholeness and completion; it is the colour of perfection without a shadow of a doubt. In colour psychology, it means new beginnings; this is because white isn't thought to stimulate the senses, thereby it opens the way for anything the mind can conceive. Wearing a white dress also gives elegance to the person... and, while in America and Europe white has such positives meaning, I'll now tell you that in Japan white carnations mean death... well, our culture certainly is a bit difference, but we still want to embrace their point of view, don't we?

PURPLE MEANS CREATIVITY

Again, Lupo has something to say about that: "this regal shade draws out the creative artist within. Plus, because it's one of those colours that people either love or hate, wearing it sends the message that you're a self-assured free thinker". And this made me really happy, given that my whole bedroom is all, all, completely purple! And I would also suggest you, for a cheeky, chic look, to pair purple with brown or gray... it always looks awesome, especially in the winter.


A-line Sweetheart Short/Mini Elastic Woven Satin Beading Prom Dresses 



Trumpet/Mermaid Straps Floor-length Chiffon Beading Prom Dresses 

GREEN MEANS HAPPINESS

Green, we all can see and feel that, puts us all in a good mood, but it's not just a random idea or impression we haphazardly came up with: according to the "Vrije Universities" in Amsterdam, the vibe of the green stems from its connection to nature "It instantly brings about feelings of peace and contentment" says the executive director of the Pantone Colour Institute.

A-line Sweetheart Asymmetrical Chiffon Appliques Prom Dresses 

PINK MEANS ROMANCE AND HAPPINESS

There we go, pink is the perfect girly-girl's colour (not me, I honestly kind of hate it), but it also is the perfect combination between romance and happiness, so, let's say, red and green! Pink is also very calming it is suggested either for a date or for anytime that you feel like you need a boost or you must spice up your day.




ORANGE MEANS FUN



One shoulder Chiffon floor-lenght
orange rhinestone Prom dress



Orange is exuberant and, as David Zyla, author of colour your style, says "Because it's enthusiastic and inviting, you should wear it when you want to appear social, friendly or approachable". Probably, though, not everyone is brave enough to go for an orange dress, thereby a nice idea could be a belt, a pair of shoes, or even some simple accessories or hair ties.Orange is exuberant and, as Davidugh to go for an orange dress, thereby a nice idea could be a belt, a pair of shoes, or even some simple accessories or hair ties.








And that's all for tonight, now I'd better start sleeping, tomorrow I'm having quite an early night... I hope that this website with make you as happy as it made me!
Have a great night,
GirglyGirl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment