Saturday 27 December 2014

Getting started!


The Fashion Talk


Hallo you lovely people! 
My name is Camilla, I'm 17, I live in a tiny little city called Lucca, near Florence.
As you can see, this is my very first blog post... ahhh, how exciting!!! I've been wanting to start writing one for a long time, but didn't really take my desire too seriously. I recently went to London for a fashipon journalism course and that was when I realised I should seriously start writing something on a blog. I thought my first post should be a kind of introduction to let you know me better, since I think writing is something so beautiful and personal, something which you can definetely read through to understand someone's personality. "Words are the writer's mirror" my teacher used to tell me when I was around six, at that age when you are still trying to understand what you love. The only thing I was sure about was my creativity. I mean, how wonderful is it to create your own world through a story? That's why I always loved writing: it makes me feel free and powerful, like no one can stop me from building my own world full of characters and magic.
I think I started killing my poor, little, wrecked fingers when I was around seven or something... I said "wrecked" not to overact, but because they literally were, since I used to be so stubborn about always and unconditionally writing everything in pencil. The first thing I wrote on a piece of paper, I remeber, was a delicate little story about a ballerina wanting to fly away and dance in ste sky, light and free. It was lovely written for a kid. The third of fourth thing I wrote, instead, was a silly story about two friends, something my parents didn't really care about, something I would prodly tell everyone about, still without any positive feedback on the plot... something that now, after six years, is a published book. My experience taught me that anything can be possible if you have good faith and passion to guide you. 


And, yeah, that's me at probably six, maybe seven, so happily writing my first "book", if you like,  or just a random bunch of cheesy, not original fairy tails, but... at least, I tried :)
Me again, being such a concentrated professional
So, my love for writing is the main reason why I decided to start off a blog and to share my thoughts or experience pretty much on anything to everyone who's interested (which means I'm hoping many people ahah). I would like to remain focus on fashion on this, because that's been one of my biggest passions for quite a long time. I didn't know it was clothes, at first, I thought it was just art. But as I was growing up I understood that fashion is nothing but pure art, a powerful way of expressing yourself through clothes. I started to feel fascinated by the alluring world of clothing, I endevoured to read as much as I could about fashion history and then suddenly my dad enlighten me: try fashion journalism. And that's how I fell in love with my now dream job.
The thing is, though, most people don't understand fashion: it is not about talking about the latest trend or showing off your "today's outfit"... at least, not only about that. Thereś certainly more: there's art, psychology, history, beauty (inner as well), hair, lifestyle and culture. And that's how the thought came to mind... why don't I start writing about that? 
Moreover, this summer I had the most cool, dazzling, exciting time of my life (over the top?!?!? Maybe) and, before you even start wondering why this crazy girl's telling you about this, I'll let you know the reason why: I went to London for a short, but still oh-so-cool, super desired journalism stage in the University I want to get in so bad, as I finish high school (which I'm unfortunately still in), namely the UAL (University of Arts). Can explain how happy it made me feel to understand more about fashion industry!


Sorry, I just probably said way too random stuff, but that was just to let you know how obsessed with fashion I am, together with lifestyle, travelling and art in general... well, now that you know something about me and my very new awesome (I hope) blog, I think I've said enough and I'll probably start writing some actual blog posts!
I just really hope that you guys enjoy what I write.

Love,
Camilla


No comments:

Post a Comment