Saturday 27 December 2014

Haircare tips ❤️


The Fashion Talk


Lately, I've been struggling a bit with hair growth, and I'm sure a lot of you could easily relate: everytime my hair was almost long till my waist and I was jumping all over my room with excitement, my hairstylist would say: "Hhmm, shall we cut it?" and look at me with a disgusted and kind of grossed out look. "Just a little?? Like, really, just a LITTLE" I'd say, aware of the hairstylists' willing to do all the opposite you want them to do, and hoping to be clear enough. And then he would look at me like "Hey, girl, trust me: we must cut it". How annoying, right?  
Don't cut my hair!
I then kind of started to wonder why my friend and schoolmate used a straightener every day and still had her lovely reddish hair nice and smooth till her belly button, and I, yet so careful and caring, couldn't make it grow as much as I wanted to. 
And that's when my research started, and I swear the tricks I'm going to tell you in a minute really worked on my hair and I could really see the difference in even just a few months.

So, first thing, you want you hair to be nice and strong, so you must be careful... ladies, I think we all know that already: it's so boring to be a girl and it takes up time... and space in our bedrooms and wallets, as well, if you know what I mean. And it's always such a struggle to grow your hair long and healthy while still using heat on it, since sometimes it seems impossible or at least a bit of a challenge to be able to put down the straightener and curling iron. So, below are a few ways to keep hair healthy while still using hot tools:


1) DRINK 7/8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY.

Believe it or not, water hydrates anything and makes everything looks better, from our thighs to our hair, so try to drink a bit more, it is super healthy for our whole body, in general.




2) WASH YOUR HAIR REGULARLY.

Don't ever wash you hair too often, since it can cause the lack of necessary oils on your scalp, even though, as my hairstylist said, if we have some kind of greasiness issue it's better to keep it clean then to leave it dirty all the time. Anyway, the perfect schedule would be washing your hair every 3rd day or when you do some dusty or dirty activity, such as going to the gym or work out. Regular washing is very beneficial for keeping the scalp clean, because the dirt can clog the follicles up (how professional do I sound, uh?!).
Moreover, sometimes the use of formulated specific products can also increase the rate of hair growth by feeding hair with the right nutrients, so girls... pay attention when you choose your shampoo or conditioner! 

3) DON'T BRUSH YOUR HAIR WHEN IT'S WET!

So, this was a kind of discovery for me and it pretty much changed my life, as I was always using my brush after I had put on conditioner. WRONG! Do not ever do that. You wet hair isn't as strong as when it's dry and if you do it when it's still wet, it will make your hair snag, causing breakage and split ends, which we don't particularly like, right? I strongly suggest you to finger comb your hair or spray in a detangler and comb it with a wide tooth comb; also, the "tangle teezer" is a super cool kind of brush that does not snag or damage your hair, and still kill every single tangle. So, I'm leaving you the link of the official site, in case you were interested: tangleteezer. com

In my opinion, this year Herbal Essence
killed it, talking about cheap and quite
famous brands
4) USE A GOOD CONDITIONER.

Well, firstly you should know that, since shampoo lathers, any kind will strip your hair of its natural oils, whereas conditioner leaves some sort of residue in your hair, so it's better to get one that smells good and has good reviews. Now, here are some advice to use it properly: always try to keep it about 4 inches (about 8 centimetres I think) away from your roots; not doing so may make your hair look greasy, so be careful. Always leave any conditioner on for at least two minutes and a half and it will clearly add shine and moisture, no matter what the bottle says. Little cheeky and super useful tip: add some lemon juice and rinse out with cold water to get a shiny, glossy effect. 

5) RINSE THE PRODUCTS OUT OF YOU HAIR WITH COLD WATER

Now, I've gotten this wrong all my life, until my hairstylist told me. In a nutshell, sparing you all the scientific explanation, cold water leaves your hair silky and smooth, whereas hot water will make it look much fizzier. On the other hand, I know how painful it can be to wait for an agonising death under freezing water during a very cold winter night, so I don't really follow this tip everytime during the winter, but still, do it as much as you can, and try to be brave :)

6) TRIM YOUR SPLIT ENDS OFF ONLY WHEN YOU NEED TO

Some girls are so terrified to get their hair cut, and I'm exactly like that, too, but if you don't trim your split ends, they will go higher and higher, till they break; therefore, you must trim them about every four months, but it obviously depends on your hair, so some people may need to cut them a bit less, some a bit more often... just ask your hairdresser. 

7) TAKE A DAILY MULTIVITAMIN
Now, girls, this really changed my life, too! Vitamins keep our nails, skin and hair healthy and if you start taking them, you will probably see a difference in your hair growth. They're not expensive and you can find them anywhere... try them!

8) EAT PROTEINS

Don't be silly and think that only salad will make you look skinny and cool, because proteins are what really make us fit, healthy and beautiful, and if you are vegan or vegetarian, go for legumes or plants, if not try to eat meat, fish and eggs too... in the long run, this is probably the best choice anyway, and not only for you hair
Lately, I've been quite happy with GLISS, but
whatever you have will be good

9) USE A HEAT PROTECTANT SPRAY

Everytime you use hot tools such as curling irons, crimpers, dryers or straighteners, use a protectant spray or lotion, you will see the difference in the long run 








 10) NATURAL MASKS

Every now and then, do this simple, natural mask: 2 eggs yolks, one table spoon of honey and one table spoon of oil... mix them all together and leave them on your hair for about 15 minutes, then rinse it out very well with cold water... they'll be softer and, in the long run, healthier too. And, guess what, if they're healthier... the also grow faster! Yay!


Last but not the least (definitely not), there is a product, which I haven't personally tried, which I've been told works very well; it's called HAIR BURST and I'm just going to leave you the link, so that you can check it out... they're vitamins for healthy hair growth... it basically makes you hair grow like crazy, in a nutshell! www.hairburst.com
Anyways, hope these little tips helped, they really did for me... they're very easy, but still we tend to forget how to really take hair of our beloved hair. Love and kisses and... good luck with your hair!


Have a good day (or night) everyone,

Camilla


No comments:

Post a Comment